[Nfb-krafters-korner] All Crafters - This needs your attention

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Fri Feb 13 05:49:00 UTC 2009

I really don't think it matters what incident (lead or otherwise) it came from.  What matters is the CPSIA Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act is going to put inspection fees on American Artisans and retailers who deal in handcrafted items for children 0-12 that will be so steep that you will not be able to sell a thing unless you protest this third party inspection fee and certification.  All the items listed  Aprons, blankets, hats, wood toys, jewelry,soap and even diaper bags will be subject to inspection at the maker's
expense. If you are interested in selling items to this age group it would be to your benefit to check the sites (below) listed in the original posting. The date of Feb 10th was mentioned so I don't know if they got this through already.
To learn more about this new legislation, please check out
the following Web sites for additional information: