[Nfb-krafters-korner] Assisting the March for Independence inDetroit

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] powerst at dcpcepn.nci.nih.gov
Fri Feb 27 22:46:10 UTC 2009

Did not mean to send this to the group.

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Bowman,Kristi [mailto:KBowman at nfb.org]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 3:53 PM
To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Assisting the March for Independence
inDetroit

Greetings:

Do you have a friend, business associate, old high school buddy, or
family member in the Detroit metro area? If you do, please let me know
about them. As we approach our national convention in Detroit, we are
again working to make our annual March for Independence - A Walk for
Opportunity an extraordinary success. One of the ways we have found to
be very effective is to seek the support of local political, community,
civic, and corporate leaders. Our Michigan affiliate is already working
hard to do this.
Noor Allain, Kristi Bowman, and myself are also spending time in
Detroit. We are still developing the route, we are still seeking
community leaders to serve as co-chairs for the event, we are looking
for imaginative ideas to make the event empowering and distinctive, and
we are seeking financial sponsors. So search your memories. If you have
an uncle who is a marketing director, a cousin who works for traffic
engineering, a friend of a friend who is the president of the downtown
Lions Club, and so on and so forth.
Please let me know. No idea is too silly. Some won't work out, but I'd
rather have them. Send me an e-mail please or call my office at (866)
543-6808. We will be in Detroit next week, working with our Michigan
affiliate leadership, the Chamber of Commerce, the Convention and
Visitors Bureau, and others. Thank you and stay imagining.

At Your Service,

Kevan Worley
CEO,Worley Enterprises
kevanworley at blindmerchants.org