[Nfb-krafters-korner] I got it

Dan Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 17:07:08 UTC 2009

Hi Krafters and especially beaders,

I got it, Yes, I got it figured out. The ladder stitch, that is.  My
first bracelet isn't perfect. The tension is off at the beginning and
the end but it is completed and here is what I found.

As you do the ladder stitch you will find that your thread comes out
of the second to last row you completed.  Mine came out of the top of
that stitch.  I would then, add two beads and bring them to the
project.  I would find a bit of a mess.  The last row wants to hide
behind the second to last row, the one with the thread coming out of
the top.  So at that point, I put each row completed where it
belongs.  Then I tightened the two new beads to the project. The
thread is now coming out of the bottom of the two new beads.  Bring
it up the row you completed just before the new beads. It is that row
that wants to hide. Make sure it is right by the new beads.  Now you
will have your thread coming out of the row just before the last two
beads you put on. The thread will be sticking out of the top.

I hope this makes some sence to you.  I learned this by using 8mm
beads.  They will not work for the clasp.  But they worked for the bracelet.

Lauri, I hope this is correct.

Henrietta
~I wish you enough~