[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting Mechines

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 21:28:30 UTC 2009

Hi Rena -- a knitting machine, from what I have seen (I don't have one
personally) speeds up the process by letting you knit a whole row in just a
few seconds.  Using them you can crank out a sweater in a very short time.
When I lived in New Jersey I used to know a couple who owned a knitting
factory.  The specialized in making men's sweaters and they used a number of
knitting machines.
Anyway, it's good that the knitting machine is so fast as imagine what
sweaters would cost in the stores if they were all knit by hand... Either
the knitters would be unbelievably fast or they would be grossly underpaid
for their time.
Enjoy your machine!
--le