[Nfb-krafters-korner] How are the beaded projects doing?

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 03:58:36 UTC 2009

Hi Joyce --
I thought the snowflake class was about the right length, although I had a
bit of trouble with my beads -- the stop bead slid off and all my beads fell
off so I had to start over when everyone else was working on their 3rd or
4th row -- but the pattern is simple enough to communicate in one class.
As for my snowflake, I have a question -- I had a lot of trouble keeping the
beads from loosening on the thread -- I had a mess of loose thread and beads
and it was hard to continually pulle the thread tight to get the pattern. In
fact, I have still not finished my snowflake.  Laurie -- if you're reading
this mail, is there a trick to keeping the beads from sliding on the thread
while you are adding new beads?  My snowflake is kind of a mess, although I
know I'm doing it right because when I pull the thread tight it looks good.
Another thing I noticed about the presentation was that some of us were
beading clockwise and some counterclockwise around the snowflake.  Laurie
prepared the presentation to assume we were going clockwise.  I was one who
had to flip things around and it changed the way I was working on the
snowflake.  I tend to do needlework lefthanded, but can do it either way
depending on the way the instructor presents it. But some people might be
purely left handed.  Just a thought.
Thanks.
--le