[Nfb-krafters-korner] KuKu dolls

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Fri Jun 26 14:54:45 UTC 2009

I just took a look at the photo of a batch of Kuku dolls on their
Website and can tell you those dolls are cute and cuddly looking. They
look more like real kids than cartoons, which I like.  This is a great
gift to make for any child that likes a soft doll.  If you get into it,
you could make a whole family, a whole neighborhood even.  They can be
quite varied just by using different colors of yarn for different races,
and making changes in "clothes" and in facial features.

Lorraine Rovig
"The concept of the hierarchy of sight-that is, the notion that the
level to which a blind person can be competent and successful rises or
falls in direct proportion to the amount of vision he or she has-is
nothing more than a myth and is completely false." --Dr. Kenneth
Jernigan