[Nfb-krafters-korner] Are there any sewers, quilters out there?

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Mon Mar 9 03:56:07 UTC 2009

Hello Joyce and all on this thread about sewing.  I'd love to know more
about sewing and how to get started with quilting. I have a very basic
Janome sewing machine,  planning to give this machine to my daughter and
either not worry about owning a machine, unless I could find one that was
user friendly, .vip user friendly  and easy to thread!!
Last year, I was speaking to someone who was sight impaired, I  met a lady
on a bus trip to the city and was really impressed with all she told me she
managed to do.  She had been making  items using polar fleece, caps, hats,
scarves etc and also made lots of pretty gift bags out of cotton printed
fabrics, filled them with dried herbs and flower petals and tied the bag
tops with a  bow. As well, she made Christmas stockings out of cotton
fabric.
. Looking forward to hearing more about the sewing and any tips, it all
sounds great fun and I'd love to be able to do some sewing. Valerie