[Nfb-krafters-korner] sewing

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 21:43:09 UTC 2009

First  may I say patience is a vertue.  I use the seam  ripper  as you
describe.  I have learned when removing stitches first  do not, let me repeat do not
slide cutter in seam ripper toward the most secure  sewn area.  I first pick
to isolate a single thread.  I pull up on the  right sides of the fabric
tugging to separate the 2 layers that are sewn right  side together.  Once you can
get a loose stitch I cut that thread.  I  keep pulling to loosen the stitches
and when a couple of stitches are loose  enough I slip the cutter in and cut
toward the larger opening that I previously  opened/cut stitches.  You need to
take this one step at a time.

If you come up with an area that has stitches bunched up or real close
together...

I repeat  patience is a vertue.

Joyce
steps!