[Nfb-krafters-korner] soap revisited

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 03:01:29 UTC 2009

Hi all --
I am at it again -- I had so much fun with the Christmas lighthouse soaps I
made last year that I decided to make shamrock soaps to give away for Saint
Patty's day.
I have the materials -- the soap base, grassy fragrance, and a jar of mica
colorant in shamrock green, whatever shade that is -- my question for the
list is the following:
I purchased a scoop to go with the colorant as the person taking the order
thought I needed one. I expected the scoop to be about a tablespoon in size
as that is how much I measured out the irridescent glitter that I used on
the Christmas soaps -- but the scoop I received is this tiny little stick
with a little depression at one end, only big enough to hold a few grains of
powder.
My thought was maybe this is needed when making multicolored soap where you
color the shamrock green and the rest of the soap a different color -- but I
plan on just making the entire soap bar shamrock green.  Does anyone know
how much of this type of colorant to use in a batch of soap? (the amount is
one block of soap base for a mold of 3 bars of shamrock soap.)
Thanx
Guess I will call branbleberry tomorrow but thought I'd ask here first. Is
anyone here really into soap making? or is everyone just sampling the
smorgus board of fun and easy crafts?