[Nfb-krafters-korner] interchangeable circular needles?.

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 23 22:44:37 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie,

If you are familiar with circular needles, you know that they have a short
section at either end of the cable which looks and feels like a traditional
straight knitting needle except for where the cable is connected to it.
With interchangeable circular knitting needles you can remove this needle
portions from the cable.  The kits contain various sizes of pairs of ends.
My boyd set has a total of 10 different sizes of pairs of points or ends.
Mine just screw on and off.

My kit also includes cap like ends that you can screw on to the end of a
cable instead of a point.  This allows you to make a straight needle by
putting a point on one end of the cable and a cap at the other.  If you put
a cap like piece on both ends of your cable, you've got a stitch holder.

My kit comes with 4 different sized cables.  There are also connectors that
allow you to connect 2 or 3 cables together to make a very long circular
needle.

Let me know if any of this is not clear.

Annette