[Nfb-krafters-korner] Kindle & Knitting Books?

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sun Mar 29 19:43:05 UTC 2009

Hi Folks:

This is a little off topic because its related to the "Kindle" book player  which is  a digital/audio type of player that is sold exclusively through Amazon.com

Any way, I know that the device Kindle is not fully accessible to the blind.  However, on the Amazon web site, there are a number of knitting books that are in down-loadable format and I was just wondering if anyone on this list knows if these books can be played on a Victor reader Stream or other accessible player?  If so, can I just purchase those titles I'm interested in, download to my drive and then copy onto my Victor Reader? without the purchase & use of any additional software  Thanks for any info on the subject.

If this has gone to off course for this list, email me directly.
Thanks.

Eileen