[Nfb-krafters-korner] Kindle & Knitting Books - Electronic Craft Books and Magazines

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Mar 31 20:23:16 UTC 2009

I guess I've over-all been lucky.  I've recently purchased 1 craft book in a
PDF format from Lulu and was able to contact the author with questions
before making the purchase.  As for Adobe, I have noticed that I can't
upgrade and if ever I need to download the program, have to specifically get
the accessible version from their web site.  There have been times when I've
down loaded free knitting patterns that were PDF's and when I tried to open
them get the message that the file is empty which indicates to me it
contains a scanned image of the pattern.  In that case, the file can be
opened with K1,000 and that will scan the image just like a document and
read it to me.  Again, it doesn't always work, but sometimes I get lucky.

Eileen