[Nfb-krafters-korner] Input Needed

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon May 11 00:02:49 UTC 2009

I will tell you a little from my personal experience of doing soaps and
molds.

I have done a lot of the guest soaps that run like 1 oz to 1 1/2 oz per
soap.  They are good for handing out and give aways.  You can get  those molds
that have  several molds on one sheet.

Now for use on a bathroom situation, I like a regular average size of
soap.  I have gotten and used a few molds that have 2 designs and you can  pour
4 to 6 shapes at one time.  The larger molds example 4 ounces and up
usually come with only one mold.  So you can only pour one at a time and  wait to
set up.  If you find something you like you need to purchase a  number of
the same mold and that can be expensive.

I have a favorite mold that has a couple of oval shapes and a couple of
square shapes.  I need to check, but I think they are a sun and a moon face
on these shapes.  They are perfect and sit nice on the bathroom sink.   I
have this indented ridge around the sink edge and they fit so good.  I  did get
this mold from Brambleberry Soaps and they have so many to pick  from.  Be
sure to sign up for their newsletter.  I get a monthly  announcement from
them and every month they have molds, fragrance oils and other  things on
special sale.   With the newsletter you have a chance to get  these specials
ahead of the month and actually order the special pricing from  the present
month and the next month sales.

Joyce
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.