[Nfb-krafters-korner] Felting

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Sat May 16 00:23:29 UTC 2009

Hello Henrietta,

I think many folk in the US might smile at our winters here, though I know
you do have States there with milder climates like ours. It can get cold
enough so that frosts might come in our area ,but mainly that is as cold as
it gets. Today we have a high of 17celcius and last night got to around 7C.

I love your idea of growing herbs in laundry baskets, that sounds a great
way to garden. I love my garden and especially like to have herbs on hand, I
grow a lot of chives, parsley, and basil, in season, lovage and some
perennial clumping red onions that are always handy. We also have two lemon
trees, a mandarin and an orange, all fairly new to the garden and a large
damson plum tree and also a  heritage medlar that has flowers like single
roses and the fruit looks like very large rose hips, the medlars make great
jam. We also have a Tahitian lime growing and a West Indian lime too.  I
like drying the herbs and packing them into pretty fabric packages for gifts
at Christmas, I usually mix them with rose petals and spices for hanging in
closets or tucking on pantry shelves.

I might go and find myself a laundry basket and do as you are doing, it
would be very handy to have this planter near the back door and just snip
the herbs as you need, thanks so much for sharing that idea.

I'm off now to make a batch of cupcakes to send off to family.. All the
best. Valerie