[Nfb-krafters-korner] felting resorces

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat May 16 15:30:42 UTC 2009

The best place to get something like this for a real cheap is go to the
goodwill, church stores, etc.

I have a friend that picked up a couple of wool sweaters from the good will
 as she had found a pattern to make tea cups from felted wool sweaters.  I
know that after the felting she kinda rolled them into a cup shape.  Added
a little handle   The way she rolled them made it feel on the top of  the
cup like they were going in circles.  The tea cup was made to be a pin
cushion.I think she did one in brown and it looked like chocolate and the color
pin heads resembled color shots.

My friend is a teacher for the blind and works in the school system.   She
is sighted and it might be fun if I could get her to teach this.  How  do
you feel about a sighted person teaching us?  I have kinda talked to her  in
the past and she had thought it great that we are promoting blind teachers to
 teach the kraft skills.  Matter of a fact I was the one that taught her to
 knit.

If this does not work out I can get the information from her and teach  it.
 I could give you the summer to shop for wool sweaters. LOL
Joyce
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.