[Nfb-krafters-korner] Can anyone help with the correct name for this craft?

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Sat May 16 22:36:46 UTC 2009

Hello to all, I am wondering if anyone might know what the name of this
particular craft might be?  Years ago, my aunt used to do craft work using
pieces of plastic coloured tubing that had been cut on some little machine
in identical lengths. From this tubing she made table place mats with
colourful designs, covered wine bottles made circular mats and a host of
other things. Does anyone know if the materials are still available for this
craft and, the cutter etc and what is the craft called? I've tried asking,
but no one seems to know of it in our craft group, I'm assuming my aunt had
graphs or patterns to follow for the designs on the picture pieces, though
the wine bottles were one or two colours only. The place mate she used to
make were floral patterns  and very much appreciated as they were so easy to
clean. . Valerie

-----