[Nfb-krafters-korner] Spice bags and gardening

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Sun May 17 22:19:55 UTC 2009

Hello Henrietta, A this is kind of linked to craft, hope the moderators will
not mind me talking of geraniums and such. Do you grow the scented leaf
geraniums, they are lovely.  We have a highly scented lemon leaf and an
apple scented leaf, one also of a pine leaf scent and an orange like one
too.  These are lovely dried and used in with the spice herb mix that goes
into spice gift bags. Geraniums here will grow outdoors through our winters
so it is milder in temperature.  The peppermint  geranium we had died after
so many years of growing, so we need to replace it again, it has such big
felty leaves and smells so minty.

How nice to have so many trees in your garden, we have a huge Tasmanian Blue
Gum right down the back of the yard, it is always filled with birds mainly
parrots  and now and again a koala visits there, sometimes he comes down
into the yard - very cute.
It's been great for me to lean of your USA too, so much in common, but also
so much to learn of new things  new crafts especially.  You are right about
gardening in pots, it is a great way to have things on hand near to the
house and also easy to move the pots to sunnier or shaded areas when you
need. .
Very best wishes.. Valerie
-----