[Nfb-krafters-korner] Spice bags and gardening

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Sun May 17 23:37:58 UTC 2009

Hi Valery,
I have never heard of the scented leafed variety.  I have several
types, exotic, seed, waxed leaf, but all have the same scent that I
consider the scent of geraniums.  I will look around for the types
you are talking about.

Mine come from a fund raiser for a garden club in the area. They are
full and very nice.  I usually keep one to winter in my bassement.
This years is kind of spindly but I will plant it outside and see what happens.

The only thing that can live and thrive in the winter here is evergreens. lol

Our winters are very very cold and snowy.  We can expect ice storms a
time or two each winter.  My Father used to say we had winter and
July here.  Our July, August and September can be quite warm.  Well,
90 or near 100 a few days.  Normal is in the 80's

We have Cardnals, blue Jays, owls, and squirrels in our
yard.  Humming birds if we are lucky.  We have geese because we live
just above the river and deer in the winter.  Racoons love to rummage
in the trash and sit on our roof eating their finds just at dusk.

Now Carol is right on the river and has more company in her
yard.  Her deer love to sleep in the garden.