[Nfb-krafters-korner] A Quick Gift Idea: Knitting

Liz Daniels lizworks at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 18 16:18:43 UTC 2009

Greetings to all,

I'm knitting up one of those key holder necklaces for quick-gifts, and to
see if they sell.

I threaded the  loop that has the key ring attached through the yarn before
casting on..  Next, I'm knitting an I-cord that will be approximately 30
inches long.

At about the halfway point, (15 inches or so) I will incorporate the
keyring, and continue working on the I-cord until it reaches 30 inches, then
I'll bind off.

However, I'm not sure what to do about adding some type of clasp or closure
to help it stay around the wearer's neck.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!

Liz