[Nfb-krafters-korner] Request for a knitted or crocheted scarfpattern

Ramona Walhof rwnfbi at qwest.net
Tue May 19 02:57:10 UTC 2009

Charlene, try using about no. 7 needles with about 20 stitches.  Knit 5 rows
of garter stitch; then pearl a row, knit arow, and pearl a row.  repeat
until the scarf is as long as you want.  A very simple pattern, but some
texturing. It shouldn't roll up on the sides.   Make up anything you like.
You may be able to think of something much more interesting than that.  I
made a baby afghan for my grandson with about ten different textures in
stripes.  With 8 ounces, you can make it wider if you wish and still have
plenty of length.
Ramona