[Nfb-krafters-korner] Request for a knitted or crocheted scarf pattern

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue May 19 09:15:53 UTC 2009

I just finished making a shawl from the Lion Brand Pattern for the Irish
Lace scarf.  It is a crochet pattern and we did it as a Crochet-A-Long with
the group at work.  I made it twice as wide as the pattern called for
because I wanted it to be more like a shawl.  The pattern recommended using
2 strands of Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool, and I do not like working with
wool.  Plus, I did not have any on hand and could not get to the store.  I
used one strand of a 4 ply yarn I had laying around. The end result was 18
inches by 60 inches.  I would have liked to make it longer, but I had run
out of yarn.  The original pattern called for adding crocheted flowers and
leaves, but I chose not to do it. My daughter named the shawl my Zebra
Shawl.  I made it with 2 rows of black and 2 rows of white.

Also on the Lion Brand Web site, they have many stitch patterns.  You could
select one, or more and combine them to get the look you want.  How would
you like for it to look?  Open, tight stitches, a pattern that is easy to
feel, or one that is more visually interesting?

Annette