[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting an aromatherapy tea cozy

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun May 24 22:55:47 UTC 2009

I have a friend who crochets and her son who was about 7 at the time wanted
to learn to crochet.  She tried to teach him, but he got frustrated.  One
day he was all excited when she picked him up from after school care.  He
announced that he could knit.  He showed her the project he was making on
the nifty knitter.  The next day she went out and bought him a nifty knitter
of his own.  That evening he got right to making a project at home.  When
his father got home he was so excited to show him what he had accomplished
so far.  Next thing my friend knew, her son and husband were fighting over
using the nifty knitter.  The next day she went out and bought another so
that they each could have one.  Her husband and son are hooked.  For
mother's day she received a number of items made on the nifty knitter.  She
brought the items to show us at our Border's Books Girls Night Out.  One
item was a flat rectangle that her husband made for her on the round nifty
knitter.  He was so excited to give it to her as it was his first flat
piece.  None of us are really sure what he intended the piece to be, but it
was flawless.

So, if the nifty knitter works for you, then go for it.  It is on my list of
things to learn how to do.

Annette