[Nfb-krafters-korner] candle making

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 21:55:08 UTC 2009

Hi Annette --
I actually cheat a little with the scented oils -- it would be nice to use a
candle diffuser, but I bought an electric diffuser with a metal tray for the
oil.  It warms up the tray so it's hot but not enough to burn.  Also, if you
are going to burn a candle for fragrance, you might as well get a scented
candle...
But as for scented oils, I found a combination of oils for my diffuser that
give off the most pleasant, fresh scent.  They are orange and jasmine.  I
put the jasmine in first and the orange on top as for some reason I don't
smell the orange as much otherwise.  I also haven't figured out how to
measure the amount of oil I am putting in the diffuser, and if I hold the
tray in my hand, I am also notorious for tipping things sideways without
realizing it, which has the obvious effect on the contents of the tray.
I am considering looking for a dropper that I can use on all my scented oils
so I don't end up dumping them all out in 3 or 4 uses.  Anyone know where to
look for such a thing?
Happy krafting all!
--le