[Nfb-krafters-korner] lighting candles

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sun Nov 8 23:49:38 UTC 2009

I light my own candles, but I had rather use a two inch wooden match instead
of a lighter.The lighter is too much flame for me.  I strike the match,
touch the wick with the match and slowly draw the flame to the wick and then
blow out the match.  I also hold my hand over the candle to feel the heat.
If the candle is in a container, I don't worry about the match head falling
off when I slide the match against the wick, however, if the candle is not
in a holder, I light the candle over the sink.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net