[Nfb-krafters-korner] lighting candles

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 00:04:06 UTC 2009

One problem I have with matches is dropping the entire match on the candle.
Eventually it flames up and creates quite a spectacle. The match stick acts
like a horizontal wick itself and sinks slightly into the wax.  I can see
flames as I said, and the candle wick and match wick are both burning at
once.  I have a healthy respect for fire -- scares me half to death...  If I
couldn't see the flame I think I'd be even more worried trying to light a
candle.
Oh, but I never tried a long (2 inch) wooden match.  Maybe that is why I
dropped the match so easily last time I used one -- it was a paper match,
and the flame burned down to my fingers before I was ready to blow it out.
Maybe the extra long matches are the trick.

Now here's one for you: I'll bet none of the blind persons on the list lit
the candles on a birthday cake -- well, at least the numerous little stick
candles.  The large candles molded in the shape of numbers are different.
Anyone ever have a birthday cake with a large question mark candle on top?

Happy krafting.
--le