[Nfb-krafters-korner] lighting candles

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 18:22:20 UTC 2009

I once read a long biography of Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan.  It
mentioned one incident -- or rather catastrophy -- in which their house
burned down and had to be rebuilt.  Helen and Anne and her husband lived in
a house and Helen was home and upstairs when the fire broke out.  I don't
remember if she got out on her own or had help, but wouldn't be terrifying
to be both deaf and blind in a fire? and upstairs as well... I do remember
it saying she smelled smoke and went downstairs herself.
Anyway, so much for fire.
--le