[Nfb-krafters-korner] crafty uses for the pen friend

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Fri Nov 13 18:06:33 UTC 2009

Hi to everyone,

I got my pen friend a week ago.  I have enjoyed it for labeling
things to help me be more independant.

As I used it I realized that by having family members do the
recording I have the added joy of hearing different loved ones read
to me.  A great idea for use with parents that are lonely or for kids
who are leaving home for school. Not only di you give them
independance but a loving message. lol

But for crafting ideas I have come up with this plan.  Make a picture
frame or photo album come alive by having the people in pictures
discribe the picture. Each time you check out the picture you can
hear that loved ones voice. If by chance, you are giving a pen friend
as a gift a photo album all labeled would be a great addition.

Also, adding a message to a card would bring it alive to a blind
person.  Of course, you have to use their pen friend which makes it
more difficult.

Henrietta
~I wish you enough~