[Nfb-krafters-korner] paper weaving?

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 02:36:46 UTC 2009

Hello Susan --
Your ribbon idea sounds interesting.  Let us know how it turns out.  I
wonder if you could use more than one color using ribbon and create a
design.
Question: Do you sew patterns into your coil backets? My one and only coiled
basket was made of reeds for the core and 2 colors of yarn for the sewing.
I put an elaborate squash blossom design in the basket that I partly copied
from a Hopi squash blossom pattern in a book, but added some elements to the
design to make it unique.
It turned out well except I wish it would hold a better shape. You have to
be careful when sewing to pull the cord just the right amount to create the
curve of the basket.
I never did another coil basket after that...
Where did all my patience go???
Happy krafting.
--le