[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fiber Related Crafters at Ravelry.com

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Sep 22 01:29:14 UTC 2009

for those interested in checking out Ravelry which is supposed to have a place for everyone & everything fiber related from knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving & dying, check out

http://www.ravelry.com/invitations

You have to create an account with a user name to join this community, and then wait for the owners of it to get back to you with approval.  For instance, my Ravelry name is "FULLASHEEP." It will then let you join up with any number of either general or special interest groups you like.  Again, here I belong to 9 groups for chart haters, cable lovers, general knitting tips, people who knit with beads, a blind group, etc, you get the idea. It is meant to also help you organize stash, projects, books, needles, etc.  It will also allow you to set up (optionally) a profile page for yourself where you can put in your name, what things you like working on, associated web pages that people can go to.  It is all accessible, just so much information you could easily spend days looking around on it.  You can look up a specific brand/type of yarn to see what other projects people have made with it, you can contact specific designers/yarn companies, etc.

HTH.

Eileen