[Nfb-krafters-korner] increasing

MS S TILLETT suetillett at verizon.net
Fri Apr 2 01:01:17 UTC 2010

Can anyone explain to me how to increase by doing a regular knit stitch and not taking the stitch off the needle, and then going into the back of the stitch and then taking it off?  I have trouble with the second half of the stitch.  I know how to go into the back of the stitch, but when I try to bring the needle back through all that mess I do something wrong and end up with three stitches instead of two.  Do most of you do the kind of increase where you make a loop and just put it over the needle?
I am making mittens and would prefer to increase the more complicated way because I think it would hold up better.  Thanks.

Sue