[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Aug 3 20:35:23 UTC 2010

Hi Terrence:

Okay, yes, it can be an awkward maneuver, but I assure you it is done by
putting the right needle into the loop from the left to the right and from
the front to the back.

The way you describe what you are doing is a different type of knit stitch
called knitting through the back loop.  While it is a "knit" stitch, it
twists the stitch and will give a different look to your work.  Many
knitters go through life knitting this way and think they know the "knit"
stitch, but they are not 1 in the same.  Again, what you are doing is called
knitting through the back loop and it is a totally different stitch from the
true knit stitch.

If it helps, when you insert the right needle into the loop on the left,
your right needle tip pretty much points in the same direction as the left
needle point -- that is to say, both needle points point to the right.  That
is how you insert that right needle point into the loop from left out to
right and from the front to the back.

Let me know if you need any one on one before Friday night.

Eileen