[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 20:18:02 UTC 2010

Terry, you're not alone.  I think I got the cast-on, but it doesn't seem to be any of the ways described; I can't see how, for example, you get the needle coming in from the left when you're holding the needle with the already-cast stitches in your left hand.  I have, though, been able to do it bringing the second needle in from right to left, coming in from the front and out to the back.  When I do my knit stitches, they either don't seem firm enough at first, and/or later on seem so tight that it's hard to poke the needle through the original cast-on stitches after a while.  I'm going to take another shot at it tonight, and may well go get myself some size 10s.
Oddly, speaking of sizes, mine seem to have the number 11 printed on the stopper end, though I'd asked for size 8; is that 11 supposed to be the size, and the customer service person wasn't looking, or does the 11 mean something else?

Thanks,
Terrence

Twitter: www.twitter.com/terrencevane
Kingdoms Live Code: bgc5a6