[Nfb-krafters-korner] circular needle question

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Aug 9 21:06:22 UTC 2010

Correct.  I've mentioned this before on this list that to pre-thread beads
onto yarn you can use either the large eyed needles that are used for
beading or you can also use one of those Gum-Ez Dental floss threaders.  You
are not limited to only those large poney beads, but you can use seed beads
and A dk or finer weight yarn.  Seed beads will not work well with worsted
weight.

Alternatively, if you wish to use seed beads and place them on individual
stitches, you need a very small crochet hook.  It is only the  Steel hooks
in sizes .75 or .66mm thereabouts that allow you to place a seed bead on the
shaft of the hook, temporarily place a stitchon the hook and then slide the
bead onto that stitch and then replace the stitch back onto your knitting
needles.

Eileen