[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pipe Cleaners and a pipe cleaner craft

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 14:16:29 UTC 2010

Pipe cleaners ,  are called chenille, or  shin-neil for screen readers.
  They can be purchased in craft stores in many different colors.  I
remember long thin ones similar to how pipe cleaners used to be, and I also
remember ones that were wavy.  They have the straight wire  core, but the
length of the fuzz on the outside varies growing thinner, then thicker, then
thinner again, all the length of the wire.

I remember making bouquets of flowers with them.

Oh, and also the most adorable little caterpillars.

Using a chenille, a pencil, 2 google eyes, and a pin.

Wrap the chenille around, and around the pencil, until the whole thing is
used up.   Make the coils tight together.  The whole thing should end up
about an inch or two long by the time it is completely wrapped around the
pencil.  Then carefully slide the coil off the pencil.  Glue the 2 eyes to
one end, and the pin to the bottom.  You now have a caterpillar pin.

Dixie

~ @-> ~ <-@ ~
Psalms 47: 8 Do not hold against us the sins of the
fathers; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate
need. 9 Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver
us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.

Did you know?

Only 1% of Americans serve in our military, but, they need0% of our support.
Commit an act of kindness for a military family.  ~Dr. Biden