[Nfb-krafters-korner] drawing with your Perkins Brailler

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 22:39:01 UTC 2010

From: Kim.Charlson at Perkins.org
Subject: Just Released: Drawing with Your Perkins Brailler

Drawing with your Perkins BraillerR
An activity guide to creating tactile drawings
Written by
Perkins Braille & Talking Book Library
 Director, Kim Charlson, this book contains step-by-step directions for
creating
36 different drawings ranging from basic to highly intricate. Drawings
include shapes,
various animals, and pictures with holiday and transportation themes.
The actual braille pictures are included to show what the drawings will look
and
feel like when completed.
$24.95 (print or braille)
Print edition: 84 pages - 14 point type
Braille edition: 158 pages - one volume
Available online.
Book Cover. Drawing With Your Perkins Brailler
A WORD FROM KIM CHARLSON...
"Creativity and individual personal style are so often expressed,
particularly by
children, through art and drawing. The creation of tactile pictures can be
an excellent
method of developing drawing and other artistic skills for children who are
blind
or visually impaired."
Visit us online for more information about the author.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
"Using this book, I can finally do artwork independently. I've learned that
art is
more than colors on paper."
- Sam Lylis, Perkins Student
"These well-designed braille drawings can be a fun, artistic exercise and
learning
experience that can eliminate some of the anxiety and/or reluctance that
frequently
accompanies the braille learning process for many older adults."

database 5397 (20100825) __________

http://www.eset.com