[Nfb-krafters-korner] Looking around

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 09:59:03 UTC 2010

Hi Dick,

Oh yes, I'd say this is the right place for you and your nehpew.  How old is
he?  There are lots of things he can do with his hands and the more
exploring the better.  He'll find out that even a blind person can enjoy
being messy.  Why don't you start him out with some of the air dry clay.
This will be a good way to start making things with his hands and then once
it hardens, he will have something he can show for his efforts.

Is there anything he enjoys doing?  What about reading together or exploring
a park.  You may even try fooling around with those legos and see what the
two of you can come up with together.  How long has he been blind?  We have
a member here who has been posting activities for kids and the group has
even tried their hands at paper airplanes.  There is no craft to young we
won't take a crack at.

We do have a few guys here along with several fine crafting women who would
very much enjoy working with you and your nephew.  Please don't hesitate
asking us about anything craft or blindness related, after all, we've been
there and done that many times over.

Glad to have you here with us!

Susan R., Virginia
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net