[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting pattern question

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Mon Aug 30 03:28:29 UTC 2010

Okay, Knitters, I have a question on the following pineapple pattern:

Row 1: P.
Row 2: K.
Row 3: P.
Row 4: K.
Row 5: P.
Row 6: K12, p8, k12.
Row 7: P10, slip 2 to double point needle (dpn), hold in back, k2, p2 from
dpn, k4, slip 2 to dpn, hold in front, p2, k2 from dpn, p10.
Row 8: and all wrong side rows: K on k, p on p.

So, for row 8 do I knit stitches that were knit in the previous row or would
that mean that I would purl the stitches that knit in the previous row to
make it stockinette?

They explained seed stitch earlier as: Seed Stitch (st): Worked on an uneven
number of stitches (sts).
Row 1: * Knit (k)1, purl (p)1; repeat from *, end k1.
Repeat Row 1 for Seed St. Note: You will always work a k over a p and a p
over a k.

Therefore, I am leaning towards my first thought.

What say you all?

Cindy S.