[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting pattern question

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 09:58:55 UTC 2010

I believe with this pattern you are actually doing a 4 stitch cable, but on
the back side, you will be doing some sort of seed stitch.  So, on the front
side when they say :
Row 7: P10, slip 2 to double point needle (dpn), hold in back, k2,
This is the first half of your cable then:
p2 from dpn,
This is the second half of the cable, therefore your first 4 cable stitches
are K2, P2 and your second 4 cable stitches are P2, K2.  This should mean
that from the back side you would come up on the cable stitches as K2, P2
and P2, K2, and that is how you should knit them at that point in your
pattern.
Row 8 should look like this.
Row 8: P10, K2, P2, K4, P2, K4, P10.

Susan R.