[Nfb-krafters-korner] stocking cap Pattern

Laura White lewhite86 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 04:35:20 UTC 2010

Hi Michelle,
I have just the pattern for you!
using a worsted weight yarn and a size 9 16 inch circular knitting
needle; also called 5.5 MM
Cast on 82 stitches.  Join in the round and be careful not to twist.
Place a stitch marker to indicate the beginning of the round.
Knit every round until the hat is 7 inches long.
Then begin the decreasing:
Knit 11 knit 2 stitches together until the end of the round.  You
should end with a knit two together.  Then knit 1 round with out
decreasing.
continue in this way by knitting 10 and knitting 2 together and then
knit the plain round again.
Continue decreasing this way until you have knitted 2 together back to
back in the same round.   When that happens thread yarn through
remaining loops and pull snuggly.

When you get to a certain point you will need to put the hat on double
pointed needles because the circumfrence will be to small to go all
the way around the circular needle.  If you'd like I can send
instructions for that.
Let me know if you have questions.

Laura