[Nfb-krafters-korner] baby announcement

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Dec 13 16:04:29 UTC 2010

Congratulations!

Terry P.

-----Original Message-----
From: qubit [mailto:lauraeaves at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 2:32 PM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] baby announcement

Hi all! I am sorry I'm 2 days late announcement that I am now great-aunt Laura, my niece's first baby.

On wednesday afternoon, 4:22pm, my niece, after a whopping 30 hours of labor, gave birth to a healthy and adorable little boy, 8 pounds, 4 ounces,
19 inches, dark hair like his mother (my niece was hoping for light brown like her husband, but her genes won out.)  She and the baby are doing well.
But don't ask her when the next baby is planned or she might be a bit agitated at the thought...*smile*

Great aunt and great grandma are thrilled beyond words! And I am proud of my niece who was able to endure all that with courage -- she was afraid of how it would be, and it indeed was hard, but she came through! Her husband was assisting, as was her mother.

Anyway, does anyone have a pattern for a baby blanket, or booties or other baby apparel? or a little stuffed toy for him to grab at?

Hurray! cartwheels, cartwheels -- yes I'm a little crazy.  It is great being an aunt as you can spoil them and send them home...

Have a great week!!!
--le