[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dropped Stitches

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Dec 27 16:48:15 UTC 2010

Yes, Homespun can have a lot of problems for a beginner, too. Splitty,
frays, hard to unravel, hard to see/feel mistakes or dropped stitches (MY
dilemma), and for sure it does NOT make fringe.

I use a crochet hook and I make a very beautiful fringe the same way you say
here. It is so beautiful, and it look wonderful....I just randomly crochet
the loops of all sizes and someone yesterday wanted to know how I knitted
that beautiful fringe on my stole...she could not believe I had crocheted it
on as it does look like a knitted edging.
It is so much nicer and more finished looking that a fringe which gets weak
looking after awhile - and a fringe tends to look cheap or bedraggled in a
short time, too. But, this crocheted edge is so lovely, always.

After she learns how to knit patterns, you can make a wonderful patterened
lace edge before you begin the knitting, too. But, that is down the road,
not for a beginner.

Lynda River Woman