[Nfb-krafters-korner] hello

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Dec 30 15:45:51 UTC 2010

Hi Terry,
A prayer shawl can be any shawl at all that you make for someone.  The idea
is that you are praying for them as you knit/crochet it. Usually they are
made and given to someone who is sick, or in chemo, or house bound, or
elderly, etc.  One of our local churches started a knitting group for the
specific purpose of making such shawls for giving to local people in need of
comfort. I belong to the group.

If it has holes in it, that is fine as it is still very warm.  Some of mine
are lacy or have holes, and I waar them on cold days and they are very warm.

I guess, just make one that you like and one that you want to knit or
crochet.

I am working on offering a Prayer Shawl class right now and figuring out
just the right pattern for a beginner. I want to do something that uses
knit, purl, in a pattern that would be nice, but not too difficult for
someone who is just in the beginner range of learning. I am talking with
Joyce right now about it and working on getting the right pattern for us for
a beginner.

Lynda River Woman