[Nfb-krafters-korner] I did it again...

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Fri Dec 31 01:16:20 UTC 2010

Hello,
In our NFB affiliate we have an oureach to youth.  We have
sponsored events for them such as taking them to our Washington
seminar, braille, science, and culinary camps, and a trip which
ended in walking our wonderful Macinac bridge on Labor day.
Many schl districts do have blind kids, some have resource rooms
where blind children go just for some of the day and to their
mainstream classes the rest of the day.  Teacher consultants
travel to see and teach blind children, of couse, they must keep
their names confidential, but I bet they would try to help their
kids have a sponsor.
Our chapter adopted twin girls this Christmas and collected money
so  their mom could shop.  They are eight and one is blind and
one sighted.  The family attended our Christmas party, plus our
other kids that we help were there, too.
Sorry to be long-winded.  Hope this helps.
Mary