[Nfb-krafters-korner] Handmade Christmas Gifts

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Dec 31 15:31:42 UTC 2010

Well the two things I made were the little intarsia gift bag which I put the
minature porcelan violin in and the knitted helmet liner.  Because I got
sick and stayed home on Christmas Eve & day, I could not give the hat but
will the next time I see my BIL.  I also canceled my violin lessons because
of being sick so will have to give that one next week.

I did get 2 framed poster prints that I wanted for a long time.  The first
one was a poster print of a painting by Jean-Baptiste Greuze (1725-1805)
called "Young Knitter Asleep."  She's so adorable it's a painting of a
little girl about 4 or 5 years old who has fallen asleep in a chair while
knitting on what appears to be about size 0000 needles on hose.  The second
one I got is a poster print from about 1869 by William Bougeureau called
"Knitting Girl."   This is a young girl/woman sitting outside actively
knitting.  I need to find the right place to hang them.  I really love the
Young Knitter Asleep and think she might be hung in my bedroom.

Eileen