[Nfb-krafters-korner] fund raising idea

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Sun Feb 7 23:11:38 UTC 2010

I should feel happy I suppose that they don't test on animals. I mean,
afterall we can't have animals walking around wearing  Micky Mouse earrings
now can we? Well, I just don't see how you think it effects the reputation
of a newly formed crafters division to sell cheap sweatshop made earrings
manufactured by a cosmetics company.     I just can't support the crafters
division feeling as though kind of selling is  a our only fast and easy way
for us to make a buck or 2 when there are so many other things out there we
could be doing that represents who we we are, and at least when I joined
this division, I didn't know that who we are is some organization that
compromises our principles as crafters to supportsuch a thing. What about
the blind jewlery makers coming to convention to sell their earrings. How
does it look to us as a crafters division to give them such unrelenting lack
of support in selling their handmade items. I remember our firstconvention's
fundraiser where we sold your ceramic pins that got mention and notice and
you were praised for all the craftsmanship put into them. How would you have
felt if we decided to take a cheaper alternative made by some large company
that would  have cost us  less to buy them that way then it would cost you
to make them. I'm surprised, that you, out all of us would think of such a
thing when we the division supported you and your business by selling your
handmade ceramic pins.  And now you want us  to support your business again,
by asking us to sell something that you don't even make
 yourself. I question your ethics, and I would have thoughtIf you want to
sell them at other divisions that's fine, and i think it's appropriate mfor
divisions whose mission is not associated with promoting the general welfare
of blind hobbiests, teachers and entreprenuers in the crafting profession
especially if they don't mind    one of it's members  flooding lots of
divisions with these earrings for no other reason than for personal
financial gain.