[Nfb-krafters-korner] helping others

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Feb 9 14:30:03 UTC 2010

There are so many groups and charities that will accept hand knitted,
crocheted, quilted & woven items you can't begin to imagine.

Hospitals, assisted living facilities, & nursing homes will of course take
shawls & lap robes along with chemo hats, premie hats & clothing.

There are groups that do knitting for our military including the pocket
prayer shawls and helmet liners.  I think there is another
group/organization that does knitting for seaman of hats, scarves & socks.
Sometimes, animal shelters will take knitted squares/blankets for cages so
the dogs & cats have something soft & warm too.

All you have to do is a bit of searching on Google or make a few phone calls
in your local area to find out what is in need.

Eileen