[Nfb-krafters-korner] Help With Crochet!!!

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 12 20:01:41 UTC 2010

Eileen,

I gave a quick look at the original pattern.  I guessed right about the
first and last set of double crochets, however, what I purposed for the
center 36 stitches is nothing like the pattern.  If you continued with what
I came up with, you would get a bunch of little squares or rectangles that
are slightly off set from the row below it.  There is nothing wrong with
this, and I think it would look just fine.

The original pattern places multiple double crochets in a single stitch from
the row below and some chain stitches connecting the double crochets.  This
combination of clustering the bottom of some of the double crochets and
adding chain stitches to separate the tops of the double crochets give more
of a angled set of stitches which form the "shell" look instead of the
vertical stitches making up the squares or rectangles as I proposed.

I hope this helps and does not make you more confused.

Annette