[Nfb-krafters-korner] Help With Crochet!!!

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Feb 12 19:30:50 UTC 2010

Susan:

No, at the beginning of the row, I dc in the fourth ch from the hook, then I
dc in each of the next 7 chains.

At the end of the row, when there are 9 chains left, I do 1 Dc in each of
these individual chains and then chain 3 or 4 to turn and come back for the
next row.

The 36 sts/chains inbetween the initial 8 and ending 9 are skip 2 & double
crochet 3 in the next chain/stitch (a multiple of 3 in my way of looking at
it).  Again, I have totally changed the original directions because I was
impatient to get started.  I do have lots of open work and am not sure if I
am liking it or not.  Maybe I need to try it for a little longer before
deciding to rip it out and start over.  I did send you the link to the
original pattern if you want to look at it ... it's nothing like what I've
worked out <LOL>.

I was thinking that because one edge of the pattern has 8 stitches & the
other edge nine, that is where the off-set comes in.

Thanks.

Eileen