[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tips for knitting cables needed

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 23:00:38 UTC 2010

Annette:

My personal preference is to use either a DPN with 1 point protector on it
or 1 empty straight needle.  If I use a DPN, the point protector just lets
the needle hang there while I work the other stitches and then all I have to
do is remove the protector.  In the case of a straight needle, of course the
stitches have to be slipped back onto the left hand needle to be worked
because the end stopper can't be taken off.  Maybe it sounds like more
effort than using a cable needle, but I've always found the cable needles
awkward to work stitches off of.  I bought a set and never never, use them.
I always worry about stretching out the stitches that are held on them when
it comes to knitting them off.

HTH.

Eileen