[Nfb-krafters-korner] hairpin lace class

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Jan 9 18:01:06 UTC 2010

Carol:

In the words of Sergeant Shultz from Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing ..."
However, I was just looking on www.youtube.com for info on hairpin lace and
while the instructions are difficult to follow along with, one or two of the
videos I came across talked about a hairpin lace "tool" which sounds like
nothing more than the looms we're using.  The difference is that the tool
has eyelets at the ends in the pins and the woman giving the demo talked
about using "guide" yarn that gets threaded through the eyelets and at the
end makes it easier to do what ever gets done next.  The loom I have does
not have the eyelets.  I'm not sure, but think its a Clover product that
makes them with eyelets for threading guide yarn.  The loom I bought was a
Susan Bates brand.

HTH.

Eileen